Future of OEM A.C.T.

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Future of OEM A.C.T.

Postby DisabledTrucker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm

I was trying to figure this thing out, and in doing so, I seem to found a way to totally automate this and not need specific file sets for individual files, if anyone is interested in taking this on.

All you should have to do is find the System string such as:
Code: Select all
ACER\700A8481:
--------------------
TravelMate
F000:3F54
F000:3FE0
F000:6CB3
====================
(Yes, this is from one of my computers,) using that information create the folder structure and add the files collected from running: getfiles.bat
attrib -r -a -s -h %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
attrib +r +a +s +h %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.BIN
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.DAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.SIG
cscript //nologo getkey.vbs > winnt.sif
and from: GetKey.vbs
Dim objFS, objShell
Dim strXPKey
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
strXPKey = objShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName")
If Len(strXPKey) > 0 Then
  WScript.Echo "[UserData]"
  WScript.Echo "ProductKey=" & chr(34) & GetKey(objShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId")) & chr(34)
  WScript.Echo "[Data]"
  WScript.Echo "MSDosInitiated=0"
  WScript.Echo "UnattendedInstall=Yes"
End If
Function GetKey(rpk)
  Const rpkOffset=52:i=28
  szPossibleChars="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
  Do
    dwAccumulator=0 : j=14
    Do
      dwAccumulator=dwAccumulator*256
      dwAccumulator=rpk(j+rpkOffset)+dwAccumulator
      rpk(j+rpkOffset)=(dwAccumulator\24) and 255
      dwAccumulator=dwAccumulator Mod 24
      j=j-1
    Loop While j>=0
    i=i-1 : szProductKey=mid(szPossibleChars,dwAccumulator+1,1)&szProductKey
    if (((29-i) Mod 6)=0) and (i<>-1) then
      i=i-1 : szProductKey="-"&szProductKey
    End If
  Loop While i>=0
  GetKey=szProductKey
End Function
If you combine all this info, it should be relatively easy to create a program that, using variables, will build the folder structure for any computer so you can more easily and quickly build your disks. No this isn't my code, I forget where I found it over at MSFN, but I did modify it to get it to work for me. Basically what the last file does is create the WinNT.sif file with basic information needed to install the OEM key. But if combined with RyanVMIntegrator, it could well be a powerful tool to build a OEM disk with. All one would have to do is code in the rest of the system information variables to collect them prior to building the disk and output that information into a WinNT.sif file. This way when one builds their disk, all they have to do is run RyanVMIntegrator and let it build the ISO and go. I've been trying to figure how to do it myself, but I haven't gotten that far along yet in my programming lessons to figure it out. Combining that with my scripts to install my drivers in RyanVMIntegrator and that's all I need.

What does anyone else think about this?
DisabledTrucker

Users Information
Location: Country of Mental on Planet Trucker in Midnight Hunter Galaxy

Please Read

Postby laddanator » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:38 pm

Thank you posting all of that above but that is totally the hard way read my post under OEM ADDONS 3rd page I will have a how to in the next few days,I have spent many,many hours on this

Thank You
laddanator

Users Information

Postby DisabledTrucker » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:11 pm

You seem to be rich with your $52 in the bank, but what does all of this have to do with what I am talking about above? All you do is create the two files and place them in a folder, they create all the other files for you from your computer, and place them next to where you run those files from. You just drop those files into your i386 folder, (though I seen somewhere where they were using a different folder structure using the name of the manufacturer and the number from the system to do something, I couldn't figure that out. But it should be easy enough to add this feature to a full blown application which does it all and integrates Ryan's Update pack along with it, you'd have it made. Just slipstream everything, put in the information from the computer and output all the files where they have to go, then wrap it all up into a nice package and burn it. That's what I'm talking about doing with that above. No more need for SetupMgr or anything else. An option to load it up to a USB key would be a major plus. I'm fixing to upload my instructions on how to do that much soon too. I have finally got a working USB Key with Windows XP Professional installing off of it. Well up till it crashes due to a typo in one of the files I modified that I'm currently debugging.
DisabledTrucker

Users Information
Location: Country of Mental on Planet Trucker in Midnight Hunter Galaxy

Postby Siginet » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:26 am

I made this a while back for my own use. Maybe it'll be of use for you. ;)

Readme.txt:
GetFileSet.exe
This file was made by Siginet of http://www.SiginetSoftware.com
It was made to get all oembios.* files from a system and get the slp key and place it into a winnt.sif file
It places all of the files it gets into ".\OEM_FILESETS\@OSVersion\@CRC32\*.*"
This GetFileSet.exe file was made based on batch files posted by Bezalel of msfn.org.

It was only tested on WinXP but should work on other versions of Windows NT as well.

Instructions:
Just place the GetFileSet.exe file anywhere on a harddrive and execute it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

How To

Postby laddanator » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:05 am

I see what your saying and makes since but as soon as I get done testing my last few disc I am going to post a how to and you will never have to intergrate the oem addons again I have tested 7 oem disc so far with 100% turn out will post how to in a few days
laddanator

Users Information

Postby sam2007 » Mon May 21, 2007 12:05 pm

hi.... please help me create an toshiba oem disc... presently i have a dell oem disc....will be very grateful... i will also need ur help for toshiba slp key
sam2007

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.