Problems Getting OEM Scan to work

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Problems Getting OEM Scan to work

Postby FarmerPete » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:38 am

Here is what I did. I took an IBM XP SP2 cd and integrated all of Ryan's patches. I also added all of the OEM's that you have available to download. I thought I would try using the Microsoft SLP key. I copied the key in to each of the OEMBIOS.txt files and removed any spaces or -'s. I then built the ISO. The CD it creates works fine on an IBM, but it will not autofill in the product key. I can enter in the Microsoft SLP key during windows setup and it takes it fine, but no matter what I do to the ISO, I can't get it to auto fill the key in. Any help?
FarmerPete

Users Information

Postby ProfessorCPU » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:00 pm

I soon found out after I released the addons that the oembios.txt method did not seem to work very well for me either. :(

Sorry... I was going to try testing other methods and releasing a better way to change the serial in the future anyways.

Your best bet is to create a winnt.sif file with the slp product key in it.
ProfessorCPU

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.