[Release] OEMScan Addons v1.4.1

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Thanks

Postby henry » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks again!
henry

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Here is a new Repository for OEMLogos and infs.
http://oemlogos.siginetsoftware.com

If anyone wants to add to the repository you can PM me and I will give you the details to upload them... or you can upload them somewhere and I will grab them and add them to here.

The ones that are there are from ZaForD of msfn.org.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby Cygnus » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:01 am

Thank you very much for this! Will be trying this on a computer I recently obtained :)

Edit: Ok, so I was just looking at the other page for this tool, and found that the CD Key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop will not work :(

Looks like I'll have to do some searching still :(

Thanks for the tool none-the-less :)
Cygnus

Users Information

Postby ravco » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:38 pm

thanks for the hard work
ravco

Users Information

Postby marche » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:31 am

hi, i cannot seem to get this to work. the first post does not include any instructions. ive tried integrating this using ryanvm's integrator and nlite but when it comes to the Key, it says that the Key is invalid.
Im using Compaq key that came from the winnt.sif of the XP CD that was included with my laptop. the XP install base that i use is an XP home oem hologram. what is it that im doing wrong?
thanks for the great work though!
marche

Users Information

Postby stalker878 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi,

Downloaded he multisystem addon and was trying to customize it, but was hit with a snag.. There is an ACER and HP entry in the entries file. Was wondering is that correct? Shouldn't it follow the SLP identifiers on oembios.net?

Meaning that there should be at least 2 ACER entries (TravelMate & AcerSystem) & 3 HP/HPQ entries (HP PAVILION, Hewlett & Compaq)? Or is there some trick I don't get?

Maybe I do not clearly understand the way oemscan works. Correct me if I am wrong, OEMscan matches the SLP identifier in the Bios to that in the ini file. If it matches then it copies the respective files over. Do i have to match the SLP indentifier word for word? Why is there a Gatewa & Gateway? If just ACER is used in the ini, then will oemscan match it to AcerSystem in the bios?

Thanks.
stalker878

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:43 pm

stalker878 wrote: Shouldn't it follow the SLP identifiers on oembios.net?

Yes, you're right. I just got lazy.
The entries should be listed exactly as they are on oembios.net. I designed the multisystem addon as a template that could be modified and tailored to your needs.
I'll probably put together an update to the addon to include OEM logos and info (Siginet posted http://oemlogos.siginetsoftware.com/). I already have that portion functioning on my setup. I just need to find the time to finalize it (it's rough).
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby FreeStyler » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:29 pm

TwoJ wrote:Thanks siginet
When i look at the COA sticker it has STI where the company name is, after doing a bit of searching i believe this stands for Seanix Technology Inc. which was the company that produced the Cicero brand. While the company is still around i think the time & cost of trying to obtain the re-install CDs for that computer might be pretty time consuming.

Code: Select all
/* 000f0000:000fffff */{0xF000,0x0000,0xFFFF,"Seanix","Seanix Technology (Canada) Inc"},
/* 000e0000:000effff */{0xE000,0x0000,0xFFFF,"seanix","Seanix Technology Inc"},
/* 000f0000:000fffff */{0xF000,0x0000,0xFFFF,"Seanix","Seanix Technology Inc"},
FreeStyler

Users Information

Postby FreeStyler » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 pm

TwoJ wrote:But as i was doing this i was hoping i could come across a list (as complete as possible) of OEM companies, so that next time i could just look at the COA find STI, find out what company it is, hopefully get the OEMBIOS files for it, and even better have the Product key for that OEM ;-)

Complete SLP 1.0 OEM Vendors list attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FreeStyler

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:11 pm

WOW - Thanks FreeStyler!!

I don't want you to reveal your sources if you don't want to, but where did you pick this up? Google only returns a chinese website that references it.

Do you know how up to date this is? because i imagine there are old & new XP & vista SLP oems that might need to be added or their status renewed if they are still in buisness, etc, etc. So i just question how complete it is if its a list that contineously changes.

Also the codes given in the list i imangine are the names in the BIOS that indicated the OEM?

Next - is there anyway of getting a hold of the OEM files, and or modifing one OEM files from one OEM to represent another OEM files?
TwoJ

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.