[Release] OEMScan Addons v1.4.1

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby sam2007 » Tue May 22, 2007 10:58 pm

hi,
i tried the oem xp cd which i received with my office pc of brand ACER and the other one of WIPRO.... but am not successful so far on Toshiba Laptop... please can i have the SLP keys for Toshiba....

Ankur
sam2007

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed May 23, 2007 4:24 am

theuni wrote:Well, nevermind that last post.

Seems as though it's a bad key. No idea how.. it's a genuine sticker, but every disk i've thrown at it won't install. Xp home oem, retail, etc.

is it possible that some REALLY old keys only work w/ sp0 or sp1 ?

TheUni

Not as far as I know.

sam2007 wrote:hi,
i tried the oem xp cd which i received with my office pc of brand ACER and the other one of WIPRO.... but am not successful so far on Toshiba Laptop... please can i have the SLP keys for Toshiba....

Ankur

Please stop asking for the slp keys for toshiba. :( It is not legal for them to be handed out on my site.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby EqUaTe » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:27 am

Seems the link for the dell pack is dead :(
Don't know about the others.. Anyone got it to hand? Would greatly appreciate this.. Cheers.
EqUaTe

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:21 am

@Siginet,
Do you think we could add the functionality this guy came up with (over at MSFN) to your addons?
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=82638&view=findpost&p=656469

This may solve the problem you had with your key swapping script.
I'm going to play with his ideas to see what works.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:57 am

I'd love to get that portion working. If you get a working template together please post it.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:43 pm

OK, I've got a test addon built and the integration appears to have worked according to plan. I'll test it on my gateway tomorrow (time for bed). I could test it also on my daughter's IBM if I had an IBM (pre-Lenovo) SLP key for OEM Home ;)

If it works on my Gateway, I'll upload the addon for you to take a look at and implement. (crosses fingers).
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:02 pm

wow - i feel so small at this moment!!
I am just coming up to speed on this topic - since taking a look around the forum. I understand the basic concept of the problem since i have had to reinstall OEM machines, and i would just normally call Microsoft - tell them that their OS went bezerk and had to re-install, so can they please let the machine re-activate!

I read the thread here & over at MSFN, i must admit that some parts are going over my head, i am not up to date at all on all the bios topics but i understand the concept (i hope :-) )

I was hoping someone can just confirm what i think i know at this point;

Siginet - your script basically uses a standard SLP key to do all the OEM installations and then swaps the key at the end of the installation for the SLP key of the particular OEM?

mr_smartepants - your modification of FreeStyler's script which scans the bios at t13 (t39 for FreeStyler's script) for the proper SLP and inserts the key at that point.

Did i get the idea? or is it back to the coffee?

Also how can the key be used at t39? i thought the key had to be used at t13 unless FreeStyler's script also swaps the keys at t39?

thanks everyone!
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:33 am

@TwoJ
You're mostly correct. Siginets key-swap .vbs script doesn't work. :( In order for these addons to work, you must put your SLP key in the winnt.sif file yourself.
But the addons WORK! :)

Freestylers utilities will supposedly call oemscan at t-39, read the appropriate OEM entry from the oemscan.ini file, edit the winnt.sif and add the correct key for the system, then delete itself. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:32 am

Holy Crap! It works!
I've cracked it! I'll put together an all-in-one addon together (no OEMBIOS.* files to keep the size down). All the user needs to do is add the appropriate OEMBIOS.* files into the appropriate folder (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) and add their appropriate SLP key to the .ini file.
Then repackage with 7zip and integrate.

Yippee!
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:14 am

As promised, here's the addon.
*Edit: ONLY works with RVMI. Will NOT work with nlite due to [FileMove] command in .ini

The only edits required are adding the appropriate SLP key to the addon .ini and add the four OEMBIOS.* files to the appropriate folder in the svcpack folder.

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.