[Release] OEMScan Addons v1.4.1

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

[Release] OEMScan Addons v1.4.1

Postby Siginet » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:23 am

Here is a new release of my OEMScan addons.

[CENTER]The O.E.M. A.C.T.
[size=167]Original Equipment Manufacturer[/size]
[size=167]Activation Control Technology[/size][/CENTER]

[CENTER]OEMScan Addons v1.4.1[/CENTER]

OEMScan was made to accomplish the same thing as The OEM ACT that I wrote but OEMScan is actually better and more complete. So I asked the author of oem scan if he would mind me making some Integrator addons to share with others to help simplify users adding it to their disks. xehqter gave me permission to do so.

You can read about oemscan here:
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=82638

Here are some addons I put together. As you will see... they are pretty easy to make.

[CENTER]PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THESE FILES FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE! JUST LINK PEOPLE TO THIS THREAD![/CENTER]

These oemscan addons are for Windows XP x86/x64 editions including Media Center & Tablet PC. ;)

Download these files here:
http://www.siginetsoftware.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1

Acer FileSize: 12.70 MB
MD5Hash: DF61481556807A8DD907553748F3CB42
AcerSystem

Dell FileSize: 25.38 MB
MD5Hash: A948269C8EF1DB61E8D2959443BC9327
Dell Quanta, Dell System, Dell Computer, Dell Inc

Emachines and Gateway FileSize: 25.38 MB
MD5Hash: EBB0119320D264354070562F599570E3
Gateway, EMACHINES

HP and Compaq FileSize: 25.37 MB
MD5Hash: AAA13F8BD82FA9D6517AD7A2CD26A886
HP PAVILION, Hewlett, Compaq

IBM FileSize: 12.70 MB
MD5Hash: 6604013139A4F2D7B604B030F37A8BE0
IBM CORPORATION

Lenovo FileSize: 12.70 MB
MD5Hash: FDA3215AE9A01577D4A1EA97E3E9A830
Lenovo

Sony FileSize: 12.70 MB
MD5Hash: 21B302BF61A4AD7E3ED39FC8044A48D1
Sony Corporation

Toshiba FileSize: 25.37 MB
MD5Hash: 07637B56CF5B9DF76646E4B57BE37652
TOSHIBA

Download these files here:
http://www.siginetsoftware.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1

If you create new OEMScan addons you can also submit them there as well. There is an Upload option. :D

Changelog:
These Addons have been updated to include the newest version of OEMScan (v1.4.1).
I have also included a vbs file that can be used to change the slp key used during install to match the slp key of the manufacturer of the computer you are installing on. All you need to do is add the slp key to the "OEMBIOS.txt" file found in each manufacturer folder. Legally I can not give you these slp keys so you will have to provide them yourself if you wish to use this feature.
Please help add to this list and create some more addons to share. ;)

BTW Here is a place on microsoft where you can get some Royalty OEM slp keys that may work with this project:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/oempreac.mspx

You will need to reply to this thread or click on the "Thanks" button to view the links to the OEMScan addons.

Enjoy!
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby SSX4life » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 am

Thanks for the update to 1.4.1 sigi!

I've got a Windows Vista Home OEM machine here at work and I'm looking at it to try to find the oembios.ini files but it appears that Vista does not use this method! They do not appear in the System32 folder or the Catroot folder!

I have found the following oem files under cat root but they appear to be for something else.

I have figured out that Vista still uses SLP keys which is good. Now we just need to determine how to find the correct files to correspond with the needed hardware

Any idea yet on how to impliment this into vista?

--ssx--
SSX4life

Users Information

thank you

Postby komsboy_more » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:59 am

thank you ............................
komsboy_more

Users Information

Postby FreeStyler » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:59 am

SSX4life wrote:Thanks for the update to 1.4.1 sigi!

I've got a Windows Vista Home OEM machine here at work and I'm looking at it to try to find the oembios.ini files but it appears that Vista does not use this method! They do not appear in the System32 folder or the Catroot folder!

I have found the following oem files under cat root but they appear to be for something else.

I have figured out that Vista still uses SLP keys which is good. Now we just need to determine how to find the correct files to correspond with the needed hardware

Any idea yet on how to impliment this into vista?

--ssx--

These "oem.cat" files are created while installing hardware, you are right, these are not related to the pre-activation process.

What i've read thus far (The Chinese are ahead of us again :) ) the whole digital signature is suposed to be held in a single file "*_cert.xmr-ms"
This file is compared with presence of the proper BIOS string during/or just after install.

Somewhere i think i might have read pre-activated copies are activated using the OEM vendor KMS server... babelfish delivered a crappy translation :)
FreeStyler

Users Information

Postby greenephillip » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:59 pm

Hmm I can't get these to work.. I tried with RVM Integrator and am told its an invalid addon, so I tried with nlite and get all sorts of error regarding missing oemscan.ini Help?

EDIT: Sigh, RVMI seems to be happy with them so long as they are the only addons in the list, I used autoimage and had added a few other update packs etc and it complained about these, but running it again with only the oemscan addons it seems content. So no help needed for now.
greenephillip

Users Information

Postby ProfessorCPU » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:37 pm

greenephillip wrote:Hmm I can't get these to work.. I tried with RVM Integrator and am told its an invalid addon, so I tried with nlite and get all sorts of error regarding missing oemscan.ini Help?

EDIT: Sigh, RVMI seems to be happy with them so long as they are the only addons in the list, I used autoimage and had added a few other update packs etc and it complained about these, but running it again with only the oemscan addons it seems content. So no help needed for now.

Hmm that is very weird because they can be integrated with any other addons. Anyone else having this problem? Also oemscan.ini is not used in these whatsoever. Do you mean entries.ini?
ProfessorCPU

Users Information

Postby kiki burgh » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 am

hi siginet! 1st i only registered to be able to thank you for this (as i could download (well that was before the hidden links ... he! he!) & read useful stuff here without registering :) ) 2nd, so that i can already ask questions i've been meaning to ask since i came across this addon ... here goes:
(1) i'd like to validate, would this work in a self-assembled machine other than the original system to which the cd is for? i tried it in a clone but it only copied over the oembios.* files to an i386 parallel directory labeled as OEM
(2) would there be any other important step aside from slipstreaming this addon?
(3) OEM cds have the oembios.* files in the i386 directory already ... how different would the files here be?
(4) i'd like to share too that i requested from HFSLIP (from Tomcat76 & tommyp) support for this tool as i believe this would be useful to those using OEM cds like me! :)
i apologize if most of my questions have most likely been answered already ... thanks in advance!
kiki burgh

Users Information

Postby dougiefresh » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:38 am

Will this work for Media Center Edition, or just Home/Pro OEM versions if the OEMBIOS files match the hardware?
dougiefresh

Users Information

Postby SSX4life » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:34 am

works with any xp machine. This includes the following

home
pro
mce2k5
tablet
x64 etc.

--ssx--
SSX4life

Users Information