[Release] DriverGrabber v1.0 RC4

Here are some other small tools that have been created by Siginet that are in someway helpful.

Thankyou

Postby groovydad » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:34 am

Just to say thank you for this neat tool. I'm definitely a newbie and even I was unable to mess it up.
groovydad

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:33 am

Your very welcome. :) Enjoy!
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby commander_keen » Fri May 29, 2009 8:33 am

[SIZE="3"]Works pretty good, but seems to miss some drivers?

This is what it finds concerning graphics and chipset:

DriverBackup on the other hands lists several more drivers for the nForce2 chipset:

But that software has an error which makes it not even complete it's task, no matter what driver I want to backup.
My hope is now DriverGrabber can be tweaked a bit to get the missing drivers because it at least works :-)[/size]
commander_keen

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Fri May 29, 2009 12:59 pm

I do want to update drivergrabber in the future. It is a simple program I created a long time ago that deserves an upgrade. When I get some time in the future I will update it. ;) Or if someone is interested in helping develope it please let me know. ;)
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby YodaDaCoda » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:31 am

Siginet wrote:I do want to update drivergrabber in the future. It is a simple program I created a long time ago that deserves an upgrade. When I get some time in the future I will update it. ;) Or if someone is interested in helping develope it please let me know. ;)

Seranor uploaded the AMD64 version of the devcon.exe. Perhaps you could simply replace the version that is currently in your program and release as a new version for those of us running AMD64 architecture? I for one am very keen to try this app - sounds like it's going to save me hours or driver problems in the future.

seranor wrote:I uploaded it here

fileden (dot) com/files/2007/3/29/936366/devcon.png

Just download and rename it then to an executable.

(url shown in plaintext due to me not having 3+ posts)
YodaDaCoda

Users Information

Postby YodaDaCoda » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:10 pm

@Siginet: Depending on the language and whether or not the IDE is avaliable, I could give a shot at some development.
YodaDaCoda

Users Information

Postby Kim » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Still waiting :(

The DriverGrabber still works though, but it would be nice to upgrade it, especially with Win7 being released
Anyway, If this project is dead, I'd just like to say that DriverGrabber was the best in the world (at one stage) I'd say I've used it a thousand times.

Well done for such an excellent (very) small program, created a long time ago
It could still be the best in the world again, with a little more support.
Its all up to Siginet :)
Kim

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks Kim. I really appreciate that. I do want to continue development. I'd like to someday have it scan the registry to gather all of the needed driver info instead of using devcon. I hads messed around with the idea a long time ago and was having a lot of advances. But then my home life had gotten so busy. All of my programs have been neglected latley. :(

I need to find my src code. I have had a lot of bad luck with computers latley. lol

Had a HD Crash recently. A nasty virus in one of my computers. A MB crash on my main computer. I have moved so many harddrives around and disconneccted some hds I'm not sure which is which anymore. when I find the source code I'll get going on it and gladdly have YodaDaCoda help or any others if they are interested.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby Chumbo » Mon May 31, 2010 7:04 am

Is this tool supposed to work under Windows 7 64bit editions? Thank you.

I tried it in Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and it comes up with the following error: "The image file %temp%\SYSTEM\DGBR\dev.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." The message is in a dialog with an OK button which when clicked closes the app.

I put in "%temp%" but in the dialog it actually shows the temp path.
Chumbo

Users Information

Postby YodaDaCoda » Mon May 31, 2010 12:42 pm

This app does not work properly on x64 machines. Instructions to make it work below.

1. Download the x64 devcon.exe from the link below. It has been uploaded to an image sharing server, so you will need to change the extension from .png to .exe, also rename it from devcon to dev.

fileden.com/files/2007/3/29/936366/devcon.png

1. Download and run the app, let it fail. Take note of the location of the file that fails.

3. Open the location it tells you of the app that fails and replace the dev.exe there with the one you downloaded.

4. Set the properties of the dev.exe to read-only. This will prevent the program from overwriting your dev.exe (which works) with its dev.exe (which won't work).
To set it to read-only, right click > properties > check the 'read only' box.

5. Run the program. :)
YodaDaCoda

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Other Small Tools