Very simple to use... Not even a newbie can screw this up... (I hope).
Just download the exe... and double click it!
Sit back until the icon in the bottom right goes away. Yep you're done now.
Now post back here and let me know if it worked out for you.
Download DriverGrabber 1.0 RC3
Fixed - Some Drivers Where Being Backed Up Multiple Times
1.0 RC3 05/28/2012
Implemented x64bit compatability.
Improved the way DriverGrabber grabs the main inf and cat files for each driver.
1. Now it builds a log file. In the log it shows all drivers that are skipped and what the provider is. It shows all drivers that were grabbed and the provider. It lists all files that were copied for each driver. It will log any directory creation errors.
2. There is now a DriverGrabber.ini file that you can specify a string to look for in each Provider you wish to skip and you can specify a String to skip if it is found in the drivers name. By default the drivergrabber.ini will have the info in it to have all microsoft drivers skipped:
- Code: Select all
3. DriverGrabber will now detect if the system is x86 or x64 and use the correct devcon.exe needed for the system. So it should work fine with x64.
1. Fixed some path bugs. Some drivers where not backed up because drivergrabber could not create a directory for the driver if they had certain symbols in their name. Thanks for your help pandera13!
2. I also put an error check when the new directory is made according to the drivers name. Now if the directory can not be created then a msgbox will pop up stating the directory name that it failed to create. If you get this error message please post it here so I can add a check for the symbol that is messing up the directory creation.
3. The Splash window now apears at the top of your desktop and not in the center. It also can now be moved around and placed wherever you want.
4. The splash window would flash like crazy whenever it went to the next step... so I fixed this so that it doesn't flash and it is much nicer to look at.
1. Fixed grabbing of cat files. It should now correctly grab the cat files (as long as they exist... remember some drivers may not have had the cat files installed. If your cat file is not grabbed please search your harddrive for it or if your drivers inf file is named oem7.inf or simular search for oem7.cat etc...)
2. DriverGrabber should scan for drivers better now. So those of you who had missing drivers... please try the new version and post back here.
3. Splash window now shows progress.
4. Added Siginet copyright info.
1. Should now grab needed cat files.
2. Better checking for Microsoft drivers so that it skips backing them up.