[Release] DriverGrabber v1.0 RC4

Here are some other small tools that have been created by Siginet that are in someway helpful.

Postby Siginet » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Nice batch. :) Yes I plan on updating in the future. Just been busy on the rvm integrator and studys. ;) But I have definatly not finished drivergrabber. :)
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby Kim » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 am

Thank-you for the reply.

As mentioned, I like the standalone and %cdrom% access; and also the simplicity and smallness of the program.

I for one have used it many times, it definately surpasses or other larger programs out there. I have also used it on many different systems without fault, over the years.

I have attached my entire folder, that can be used to burn directly to CD or DVD
If this attachment (zip format) causes any legal issue, or you do not wish others to use the tool in such a way, please remove it. It's just that it took me 3 Hrs to get it looking right (even though it's simple batch)

I'll check back from time to time for any updates.

Thanks again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kim

Users Information

Postby ENU_user » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:51 am

siginet i was thinking maybe you can make predefined folder names mainly for raid drivers so its easier to find for Automation
you can also enumerate the folders by their significants so the setup finds the important ones faster ....

00_Raid
01_chipset
02_display

but mainly for RAID as it is needed for some SATA %HOMEDRIVE% the others can use Method 2 ;)
ENU_user

Users Information

Postby seranor » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:43 am

As rootw0rm formerly said, DriverGrabber doesn't work in XP64, the error message is exactly the same.

When will this be fixed?

Want to give Vista x64 a chance, but not without backing up my xp64 drivers before ;-)

Right at the moment I found the correct devcon.exe (the shipped one is for IA64 only and NOT for AMD64!).

It is part of the DDK (Device Driver Kit) and can be downloaded from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/0/f/90f019ac-8243-48d3-91cf-81fc4093ecfd/1830_usa_ddk.iso
It resides under /tools/devcon/amd64.

So only further action is to replace the old devcon.exe with the one within this DKK (amd64\devcon.exe) or in addition to the exisiting devcon.exe and rebuild it, should work then :-)

Regards

Seranor
seranor

Users Information

Postby Kim » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:25 pm

That file (ISO) is 236Meg !

So only further action is to replace the old devcon.exe with the one within this DKK

Can't we just get the latest devcon.exe posted.? How big is that one?

From 1st Post:
Siginet wrote:3. DriverGrabber will now detect if the system is x86 or x64 and use the correct devcon.exe needed for the system. So it should work fine with x64.

So is this working or not?
Kim

Users Information

Postby seranor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Can't we just get the latest devcon.exe posted.? How big is that one?

I uploaded it here

Just download and rename it then to an executable.

So is this working or not?

Initial it will work only for x86 and IA64 systems with the current used devcon.exe within DriverGrabber. The author of DriverGrabber has to add the new one for support of amd64 systems.

Seranor

Carpe Noctem! :)
seranor

Users Information

vista 64bit install error

Postby Afgan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi, just to let you know that the new version of driver grabber errors on my vista 64 bit system and wont run at all.
Error message is: "The image file C:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\DGBR\Dev.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine"
can you please shed some light on this problem for me. ;)
Afgan

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:14 pm

Yeah it is a known issue. I just haven't had a chance to work on drivergrabber in a long time.

Hopefully I will have time to work on it in the near future.

If you know anyone who wants to help develope the program please have them contact me. :)
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby seranor » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 pm

I also have not that much time to spend many hours into a development, but if you wish I'll try to help to at last this bug.

Regards

Seranor
seranor

Users Information

Postby impact1600 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:17 pm

hello i'm a newbie i couldn't figure out how this forum thing works any tips would be appreciated,

COULD someone help, I've been trying to make a WINDOWS MEDIA FORMAT RUNTIME 11 add-on but have been unsuccessful, also tried doing a google search for one but i keep getting WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 hits, also is there anyway to add registry key entries as an add-on that way my programs could be preconfigured before install. if anyone who would care to take the time you could email me at joshdum@yahoo.com. thanks
impact1600

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Other Small Tools