Reg2Inf converter v0.40

Reg2Inf converter will help a user convert a .reg file into a .inf file that can be used in updatepacks/addonpacks and for other uses.

Reg2Inf converter v0.45

Postby n7Epsilon » Mon May 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi everyone,
As I have seen the lack of decent Reg2Inf converters on the Internet (except for WillyPad which needs to support more than just strings and dwords), I have decided to write one of my own.

This Reg2Inf converter is also written in C# and runs completely on Regular Expressions. :wink:

I must thank vier and Aserone for all of their help on this, Aserone provided a reference INF (which was extremely helpful) and vier helped me find out about the comments bug.

Also a thank you goes to Siginet for providing an official forum for this tool (and giving me super mod powers :lol :) :
http://siginet.ryanvm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Currently Supports:
- REG_SZ, REG_DWORD, REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN, REG_LINK, REG_EXPAND_SZ, REG_MULTI_SZ, REG_BINARY, REG_QWORD, REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST and REG_NONE.
- AddReg and DelReg functionality.

Current Version is: 0.45
Download:
Main Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/56400212/Reg2Inf_0.45.zip
Mirror in related thread at RyanVM's forum.
md5: F35714F0302D715D155A7CA325645025

- I apologize for not releasing the GUI frontend yet, but I am working on it. This is the most recent version of the Reg2Inf engine until I do release it.

Download includes C# source code, compiled executable is in \bin\Release inside the ZIP file. It also includes the Reg2InfHandler.cmd file to be copied to the SendTo folder.

Requires: .NET Framework 2.0 Final

* Changelog:
- Fixed a tiny bug that caused fixes to not be applied on the subkeyname causing corruption of the output Inf (only affects subkey names that have % or ")

- Fixed bug causing parser to fail if the regblock began with whitespace.
- Fixed internal regression causes internal check to trigger on empty regblocks (fixes OZ's issue)

- Minor performance changes (switch to generic dictionaries)
- INF file is now saved as Unicode (UTF16-LE) by default because saving as UTF8 caused Windows to mess up data in other language when re-importing the INF file.
- Fixes were not applied to ValueNameData unless it had a string value.

- Support for inline comments by the REG parser
- Fixed a rare issue with some combinations of slashes and quotes in REG_EXPAND_SZ and REG_MULTI_SZ.
- An internal check is now made to check for splitting problems (which lead to missing tweaks in output) and an error will be displayed if the check fails.
- Reg2Inf will now display the number of errors produced during conversion in the console output (to help with diagnosing non-working or non-converting tweaks due to syntax errors and to help with bug hunting)
- Code cleanup and some expression optimization
- Updated SimpleIniEditor (/forceascii will now save the REG file using ASCII and using the Current system codepage instead of defaulting to US English for all locales).

- Support for more formats (REG_DWORD_BIG_ENDIAN, REG_LINK, REG_RESOURCE_LIST, REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, REG_RESOURCE_REQUIRMENTS_LIST) (hex(5-6-8-9-A)).
- Fixed a minor parsing oversight where it wouldn't match the hex type if the number was preceded by zeroes (eg: hex(03))
- Reg2Inf will now write a comment showing any lines that failed to convert in the output for easier testing in larger REG file conversions.
- Thanks for the research done by Mr.Woo for uncovering the more obscure REG types.

- Port of FGCBA's SimpleINIEditorV3 to Reg2Inf
- Switch to .NET 2.0 generics
- INF output is now written in Unicode BOM (which is the same encoding Windows Regedit uses to output v5 REG files) unless /forceascii is specified.
- Complete re-write of hex(2) and hex(7) engines to properly honor and support v4 and v5 REG files
- Full support for international and Unicode characters (in v5 REG files).
- Added support for Qword (hex(b)) (I have to thank to Mr.Woo for bringing it to attention that this type exists).

- Allowed Reg2Inf to process a list file containing paths to REG files to merge into one final INF file. (reg2inf @"ListFile.txt" ....)
- Process all subkeys and locate common roots and substitute with variables. (in /UseStrings instead of old behaviour)
- %16427% was removed because it wasn't being correctly substituted.
- Various performance optimizations.
- Fixed a bug where trailing commas in hex(2) and hex(7) would cause Reg2Inf to fail when it attempted to convert a blank string to a char, now also removes any trailing comma from hex (binary).

- Complete rewrite of Argument Parser (now at v2) - Removed silly workarounds.
- New switch /UseStrings to assign variables to subkeys and generate a [Strings] section in the output INF.

- Worked around Argument Parser limitation

- Fixed bug with fixes not being applied on REG_MULTI_SZ or REG_EXPAND_SZ.
- Added new fix for converting % to %%.
- Included Reg2InfHandler.cmd inside ZIP file with the source.

- Added proper errorlevel returning:
0 = No errors
5 = Argument Error (too many parameters / too few parameters / invalid parameter / REG file does not exist)
1 = Invalid REG file (conversion failed)
6 = Unsupported path format
10 = Something really unexpected (equivalent to a crash)

- Output INF file now contains [Optional Components] section so it can be correctly packaged into a separate addon without any modifications...

- Fixed all kinds of stupid regex confusion by removing all comments from the file in memory before processing.
- Fixed last RegLine in RegBlock being chopped off if there was a comment after it.
- All dword(s) are now padded to 8 characters by zeroes instead of now being dropped.
- HKCR / HKLM / HKCU and HKU are now recognized as valid root keys (although Windows Registry Editor does not support them), this is a kind of auto-repair functionality.

- Fixed many bugs when parsing empty subkeys (resulting INF was creating subkeys with @ set to "" which is inaccurate).
- Fixed bugs in parsing values with pathnames ending with a \, was confusing RegEx and adding an extra unnecessary quote.
- Fixed bug with not deleting temp files in some cases.
- Implemented DelReg functionality, output will be in DelReg section
n7Epsilon

Users Information

Postby n7Epsilon » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:34 am

Released version: 0.37
--
Released version: 0.36
--
Version: 0.35 Beta
- Changelog:
1. Port of FGCBA's SimpleINIEditorV3 to Reg2Inf
2. Switch to .NET 2.0 generics
3. INF output is now written in Unicode BOM (which is the same encoding Windows Regedit uses to output v5 REG files) unless /forceascii is specified.
4. Complete re-write of hex(2) and hex(7) engines to properly honor and support v4 and v5 REG files (WARNING: Improper REG files that may have converted in previous versions may not work in this version unless modified!)
5. Full support for international and Unicode characters (in v5 REG files).

--
Released version: 0.31
--
Version: 0.30 Beta
- Changelog:
1. Allowed Reg2Inf to process a list file containing paths to REG files to merge into one final INF file. (reg2inf @"ListFile.txt" ....)
2. Process all subkeys and locate common roots and substitute with variables. (in /UseStrings instead of old behaviour)
3. %16427% was removed because it wasn't being correctly substituted.
4. Various performance optimizations.
n7Epsilon

Users Information

Return to Reg2Inf converter