Reg2Inf converter help file

Reg2Inf converter will help a user convert a .reg file into a .inf file that can be used in updatepacks/addonpacks and for other uses.

Reg2Inf converter help file

Postby RickSteele » Wed May 09, 2007 2:28 pm

I suppose this is noob but, is there any sort of help file to show me how to use this program?
RickSteele

Users Information

Postby n7Epsilon » Wed May 16, 2007 1:56 am

Hello, I am very sorry for not replying. I have been lately drenched into tons of exams (finals season) so I was not able to check the forum for a while.

Well, Reg2inf is currently a command line program. Meaning it is meant to run in a cmd window.

The simplest usage is reg2inf somefile.reg somefile.inf. There are other options and a usage screen that you can see if you just run reg2inf without any parameters, (eg: By double-clicking on it in explorer or executing reg2inf without parameters in the console.)

In order to help with integrating it into the windows shell I created a cmd file that is included with the zip file download. This command file, if placed in the SendTo folder will allow you to use Right click > SendTo to pass the reg file to reg2inf using explorer.

Ricktendo has created a addon for it in the main thread I see, so I guess that covers for now. I am planning on a GUI version at some point but don't have a lot of time these days.
n7Epsilon

Users Information

Postby RickSteele » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:51 pm

Thanks; I figured as much, after all it was that time of year.
ricktendo64's addon works perfectly.
Many thanks for the awesome program.
RickSteele

Users Information

Postby wagmex » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi, RickSteele.
Sorry friend i can't help you, because i don't have any idea of that.
wagmex

Users Information

Return to Reg2Inf converter