Would this be possible...

FGCBA is a utility designed to build addon CABs by processing the entries.ini file and any dependant files referenced by it. It can also check addon CABs for errors to minimize the chance for failed installations. (AddonPacks are for use with the RVMIntegrator or nLite.)

Would this be possible...

Postby Siginet » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:38 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to use FGCBA in the integrator. Would it be simple for me to make FGCBA scan each entrie*.ini file and verify it during an integration?

I haven't used FGCBA in quite a while and I am not exactly sure of the easiest way to implement it... but I think it would be a good idea.

Is FGCBA pretty fast? I wouldn't want to slow down an integration very much.

I am thinking it would be great as an optional plugin. Basically if a user wants to use it they just throw it somewhere in their plugins folder and the integrator would auto recognise it and use it.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby Nightwolf81 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:47 am

How about adding a way to auto log (report) the entire contents of a folder (eg all my addons are in my 02Addons folder) would be nice enough to scan the whole lot at once and only report successful once and all errors otherwise (all my plugins are either 7z or cab) NO SUB FOLDERS in mine (mabey other people use sub folders but start small by adding that) it would be nice to add this to your right click context menu.

Hey with the context idea mabey you could bring up a list box (to do list and have a go button) that way you can have a useful interface and have the above function regardless of the format (7z, cab, Folder)!! sounds like big plans but I don't imagine you'll do them all at once!! Mabey add drag and drop features to this list box or a remove button)!!

whoops it's turning in to a huge windowed program now isn't it (mabey keep interface as a seperate module so you can still compile the Command Prompt version for users who are use to this)!!

oh I've come a long way in always remembering to FGCBA all my addons now. . . No more disagreeing with what it says (cause it knows best)!!

the no default install is annoying to hear about tho (if it does evolve into a window app, can you make warnings like this optional??)

Well I'd better go before I post to many ideas all at once!!

Thanks for your time

Nightwolf81 :)
Nightwolf81

Users Information

Postby n7Epsilon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:01 am

@Siginet,
Calling it to check for each entries.ini would be easy, however in the current form, FGCBA forks off and starts recursing parsing all referenced INFs attempting to uncompress them on the fly, so that might cause problems with old-style CAB addons that put makecabb'd external INFs directly into i386.

I'll probably incorporate some integrator-specific changes (that will get activated when run with a new secret switch /integrator_mode) like expanding the external INF to a temporary folder while parsing ... etc.

As for checking for the presence of source files...
Does the integrator first expand all addons to the rvmtemp folder ? If so I think I can incorporate some changes in FGCBA when run in Integrator mode to check for file presence only instead of building...

I'll start making the FGCBA much more integrator plugin friendly in the next version (and add the integrator switch).

Don't worry about slowing down the integration :) FGCBA is very fast in parsing INI / INF files (especially after rewriting the SimpleINIEditor classs in v0.80) and starts almost instantaneously if installed into the global assembly cache (via NGEN Install FGCBA.exe) from the %WinDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 folder.

I think it would make a great plugin too, i was also thinking of writing a program that would read all sysoc entries and made sure there are no duplicate entries and that all referenced files exist, that would be perfect for a integrator plugin !

@Nightwolf81 That's a whole barrage of good ideas! I'll try to implement some of those in coming versions :) .
n7Epsilon

Users Information

Postby Tasslehoff » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:22 pm

I've only been playing around with fgcba for half an hour or so but would it be possible to to add a checkbox for it to compress the inf file referenced in the entries.ini automatically to in_ for the rvm addons unless it's already included and I'm doing something wrong, thanks.
Tasslehoff

Users Information

Postby MrNxDmX » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:09 pm

I vote for optional plugin. But if you can implement it, i will everytime use it in my integrations. It can help me (everybody) to see if everything is ok.
And as i used it several times, FGCBA runs very fast.
MrNxDmX

Users Information

Postby n7Epsilon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:01 am

Oh sorry for not seeing all the replies here..., still need to get used to the new forum...

Anyway, I haven't had time to work on FGCBA in the last month or two but I am going to resume work on it.

I have some ideas about integrating the handler into the main program and adding special ini flags to disable certain warnings, and some other enhancements.

and one small thing, I see everyone in this thread a Site Admin ? Is this intentional ?
n7Epsilon

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 am

n7Epsilon wrote:Oh sorry for not seeing all the replies here..., still need to get used to the new forum...

Anyway, I haven't had time to work on FGCBA in the last month or two but I am going to resume work on it.

I have some ideas about integrating the handler into the main program and adding special ini flags to disable certain warnings, and some other enhancements.

and one small thing, I see everyone in this thread a Site Admin ? Is this intentional ?

No it is not intentional. I don't know why it says everyone is a site admin. :(

It must be a glitch somewhere. Everyone isn't a site admin though... it is a false title.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby ricktendo64 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:01 am

Couple requests:

- How about a /install switch that will install a addon that has a [DefaultInstall] secction

- And maybe have FGCBA check to make sure both these entries, one in the "Entries*.ini" and another in the "AddOn.INF" file are the same so the ,HIDE command will work and hide that component from Add/Remove Windows Components...

Entries*.ini
[sysoc]
My AddOn=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,AddOn.inf,HIDE,7

AddOn.inf
[Optional Components]
My AddOn
FGCBA is da coolest 8)
ImageImageImage
ricktendo64

Users Information

is testosterone a steroid

Postby BnzjcSup » Thu May 25, 2017 6:48 pm

anabolism and catabolism
- <a href="https://anabolicsteroidsnpc.com">anabolic definition
</a>
synthetic meaning
- steroid pills
BnzjcSup

Users Information

Return to Project FGCBA (File Gatherer and Cab Builder for AddOns)