[Bug]

FGCBA is a utility designed to build addon CABs by processing the entries.ini file and any dependant files referenced by it. It can also check addon CABs for errors to minimize the chance for failed installations. (AddonPacks are for use with the RVMIntegrator or nLite.)

[Bug]

Postby Nightwolf81 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:02 pm

Hello
I was just about to try out your fab new tool on my addons when I found one in the folder not far from it

so I tried that first

IF you have a situation when there's a space after the

AddReg =ASPI.AddReg |<- just here, it cannot find that on the [ASPI.AddReg ] <- notice the space here also (but their was a [ASPI.AddReg] in the .inf)

[Edit] BUG 2 - If the files are in the correct place but they are indivudally cabed (say VistaXP.th_ as a file) it will not find i(VistaXP.The (Just a bad practice of putting a cabed file inside a cab (but the integrators allow for this)!!

Sorry about the log bit (I just drag and droped the file on it) and it appears you cand add a shortcut like this 'FGCBA /log {filename}' and it auto puts the log file in with the {filename} path with same filename differant extension (say .txt)

(EDIT) ok just found out in your change log (no help in windows obviously) that it needs to be /log:{filename} (skip this as a problem, just though it's a better alturnative to doing nothing)

Just lettin you off this time cause you still say it's a beta (AND that it's your first public release) but really what could I do to ya if it wasn't?? :lol:

Keep 'em comming and Keep posting updates to RyanVM's Forums (It's where I moved to)

Thanks

Nightwolf81 :)

[edit 3] Also would it be possiable for you to make it so I can drag my addon folder straight on to your exe (supplying a path not a file) with it detecting it as the Temp folder (or even copy them to your temp folder if you want) These tools are for tired people who have tried to make life easier for others (let us help them together) (You build it and they will come)
Nightwolf81

Users Information

Postby Nightwolf81 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:36 pm

Bump

c'mon thats funny right there (there's only two posts in here so far)
Nightwolf81

Users Information

Postby n7Epsilon » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:18 am

omg, sorry for not replying (been a little busy lately)!

AddReg =ASPI.AddReg |<- just here, it cannot find that on the [ASPI.AddReg ] <- notice the space here also (but their was a [ASPI.AddReg] in the .inf)

I think I have fixed this recently, were you using the latest beta (0.894 ?)
If this still persists in the latest beta (although I personally can't reproduce it), don't hesitate to PM me with a sample of the INF that caused this problem (btw, you can drop just the INF on FGCBA and it will check it for errors too)

BUG 2 - If the files are in the correct place but they are indivudally cabed (say VistaXP.th_ as a file) it will not find i(VistaXP.The (Just a bad practice of putting a cabed file inside a cab (but the integrators allow for this)!!

This is because when running in building mode, FGCBA assumes that the files to be added are uncompressed (because it will then handle the compression part automatically), when you drop an addon archive on fgcba it will uncompress all compressed files and then simulate a build operation.

[edit 3] Also would it be possible for you to make it so I can drag my addon folder straight on to your exe (supplying a path not a file) with it detecting it as the Temp folder (or even copy them to your temp folder if you want) These tools are for tired people who have tried to make life easier for others (let us help them together) (You build it and they will come)

Hey, that's a very good idea ! I will implement this in the next version. :D .

Also, you don't need to check the changelog to find out the command line parameters, just double-click and you will see helpful usage information.
n7Epsilon

Users Information

Postby Nightwolf81 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:27 am

I checked and Though I had the latest Beta (But it wasn't) sorry this is becoming the best tool I've found to save me ages testing addons to find I put a , not a . and other stupid mistakes U make at 3:00am.

always checking in here now (how oftern do you think you'll get time to update and add features (not that it's not useful now) just I like to think it's ongoing for a bit more (perhaps to make an installer and put in a nice right click menu features or a GUI, even make it open the files and jump to the error's etc etc) All this will keeping it simple like it is!!!

Thanks again

Nightwolf81
Nightwolf81

Users Information

Return to Project FGCBA (File Gatherer and Cab Builder for AddOns)