What is Techware?

CreateurAddOn is a utility created by vier of msfn. It was created to help users create AddonPacks made for the RyanVM Integrator.

What is Techware?

Postby Siginet » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Techware is a Centralized Computer Maintenance System that allows Technicians and clients the ability to keep track of every PC in their home or office. Techware, the software, is a program that acts as the technician by automating many of the software real technicians use to maintain PCs or fix problems. Everything it does is logged into the users account where they can view them at any time. All logs are color coded to help simplify the process of viewing them. Red logs are logs that may need attention. The Tech or client can view the log and see if any further help may be needed on that specific computer. :D

Techware is useful for anyone with a PC. Once it is setup on a schedule it will perform it's tasks and log them to the account on the site no matter where the computer is in the world. As long as the computer has an internet connection. If there is no internet connection it still creates a log on the computer. ;) If you have a company that has many mobile employees you have nothing to worry about. Your technician we easily be able to support those mobile computers with Techware.

www.Techware.net
Siginet

Users Information

Re: What is Techware?

Postby Kim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:52 am

Hi, just in regards to this part of Techware:

"Utilities that you would want running during the third part of maintenance."

Wouldn't you run a temp file cleaner first? I always use CCleaner (not because I'm spam advertising this free product) because I find it to be the easiest and best cleaner.
I just think scanning for malware and or virus, would be best completed after a cleanup. Otherwise you may be scanning gigs of crap.
There are also other simpler tools (or commands) that clean %temp% folders etc. In case you can't use the tool mentioned or something. I'll let you know that even on the worst infected computers I've seen (ie 1000's of bugs) CCleaner has never removed anything important or required to continue to start and run Windows (I also have never had issue with Malwarebytes causing any grief ever either (obviously the contrary).

Anyway, I just thought it strange that you'd scan (possibly) 1000's of unneeded files before running any utilities.

Also I'm not a favorite on the name, because it just doesn't say what it is. I would have preferred Techshed or something (like Technician Scheduler). But I'm sure that's set in concrete now, so be it.

:)
Kim

Users Information

Re: What is Techware?

Postby Siginet » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Kim wrote:Hi, just in regards to this part of Techware:

"Utilities that you would want running during the third part of maintenance."

Wouldn't you run a temp file cleaner first? I always use CCleaner (not because I'm spam advertising this free product) because I find it to be the easiest and best cleaner.
I just think scanning for malware and or virus, would be best completed after a cleanup. Otherwise you may be scanning gigs of crap.
There are also other simpler tools (or commands) that clean %temp% folders etc. In case you can't use the tool mentioned or something. I'll let you know that even on the worst infected computers I've seen (ie 1000's of bugs) CCleaner has never removed anything important or required to continue to start and run Windows (I also have never had issue with Malwarebytes causing any grief ever either (obviously the contrary).

Anyway, I just thought it strange that you'd scan (possibly) 1000's of unneeded files before running any utilities.

Also I'm not a favorite on the name, because it just doesn't say what it is. I would have preferred Techshed or something (like Technician Scheduler). But I'm sure that's set in concrete now, so be it.

:)

Yes I agree. It may be smart to run it first. I'm going to work out a new structure so that the Tabs are necessarily named Antispyware, Antivirus, Utilities and so on. Also... Techware can be run multiple times... as well as chain linked with multiple settings files. So you could actually launch a maintenance with CCLeaner first... then when it finishes do an Antispyware scan and so on. Me personally I usually run Quick Scans with my favorite tools... which usually only scans the most likely areas of infection. So they tend to do the job quickly either way.

But that's what I feel is Great about how Techware is planned. It isn't built for only the way I like to use it. I will be incorporating methods that everyone can use. Just because I use it one way does not mean another tech does not prefer it another way. ;-)

Also... it is easy for Techs to make their own instruction files for Techware as well. The CCLeaner instruction file can be copied into the AntiSpyware instructions folder and it will then be listed in the AntiSpyware tab as an option. Which would change when CCLeaner is launched.

I plan to make more tutorials on how you all will be able to make Instruction files to automate just about anything in Techware.

As an example here is what the instruction file for ccleaner looks like right now:

Code: Select all
[CCleaner]
RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE86\SOFTWARE\Piriform\CCleaner\
Defaultpath=CCleaner.exe
launchoption=On
cli=/AUTO
report=Off
autoupdate=On
TTK=45
info=CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.
website=http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Supported=x86

[CCleaner x64]
RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64\SOFTWARE\Piriform\CCleaner\
Defaultpath=CCleaner64.exe
launchoption=On
cli=/AUTO
report=Off
autoupdate=On
TTK=45
info=CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.
website=http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Supported=x64

If you really look at it. It isn't that complicated. But once I explain how they are made it will become much simpler.
Siginet

Users Information

Next

Return to CreateurAddOn Pack Maker (By: vier)